How much I have to go...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bathing suit....will I ever wear one again?


It's the 4th of July weekend....which means 3 days off! It's supposed to be 96 degrees tomorrow. My husband actually has two days off in a row, which is amazing in itself. We have/had the chance to go to the beach on Monday. Secretly I'm glad that my husband is forgetful and forgot to nail down the plans. As much as I love going to the beach, there is no way I'm putting on a bathing suit any time soon.

And then it hit me - we are going on vacation in exactly 5 weeks. We'll be hitting a water park. Thank goodness I'm not big on water parks...never went to one when I was younger and now that I'm 37, I guess I've outgrown the excitement (plus I don't like to get water in my face/eyes....). But that doesn't mean the rest of my family doesn't like going to them! So while they are going on the rides, I will be more than content to grab a lawn chair and sit in the sun while watching them! But....that means I'll have to wear a bathing suit. Which means I have to go bathing suit shopping. Which means I'll have to see myself in a bathing suit.

I have five weeks to lose some weight before vacation. Five weeks to get into a bathing suit. I know that a healthy weight to lose is no more than 2 lbs/week. Which means if I bust my butt (no pun intended), I can lose 10 lbs by then! I hope I can do it! Actually, I know I can do it. I just need to put my mind to it.

But...I think I found the bathing suit for me. It's more than I usually would spend on a bathing suit, but one thing I've learned as I've grown older and more unhappy with myself is that sometimes spending a little more money to make you feel better about yourself is definitely worth it! And let's hope that I can buy it locally so I can wait to the last minute...

No comments: