How much I have to go...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's been a week....

Well....I've definitely had some ups and downs my first week of really, really trying....but all in all, I'm quite proud of myself (as I pat myself on the shoulder)!  I lost 4.5 lbs.  Even though I know that it's probably all water weight, I don't care!  I can say "I LOST 4.5 LBS!!!!!"

I made it to the gym twice this week.  That's twice more than in the last month.  I did an hour of cardio on Monday and then today I did an hour of weights.  I know I should've gone more, but my "excuse" is that we had a major heatwave here and it was too hot to go to the gym.  But now, the heatwave has broken so I have no more excuses...

Foodwise....I could've done better....but I've also done a lot worse!  I cheated on Sunday when my husband brought home Ben & Jerry's.  One for me & one for him.  So I made him share his with me Sunday night and then on Monday I ate maybe half of mine and then let my son eat the rest.  Not good, but considering that in the past I would eat one by myself no problem, I am quite proud of myself!  I also only had ONE Dunkin Donuts coffee....and that was Sunday as well.  And then yesterday I met an old friend at the mall and we started out at Starbucks...at least my dirty chai was nonfat.  But I don't think the half of a brownie with M&M's was.  And we won't even talk about what I ate at Friendly's! 

But all in all.....3 bad days and 4 good days is a definite improvement over 7 bad days!!!!  Now let's see if I can do 2 bad days and 4 good days next week!

No comments: